Cedros OUTDOOR Adventures U.S. Inc. is a U.S. corporation affiliated with Baja Islands Outfitters of Mexico, offering the best of Baja with the highest service standards for the safe enjoyment of your outdoor adventure.
Our mission: To enjoy and protect the natural resources of Cedros, so that locals and tourists alike can enjoy fishing and other outdoor activities for generations to come. This personal commitment is what sets us apart as a Baja outdoor adventure company.
We are committed to providing jobs for locals whenever possible to help promote a diversified economy based on sustainable activities such as fishing and ecotours.
Our guests benefit from the opportunity to visit an exotic destination and enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, including snorkeling, photography, hiking, fishing, mountain biking and animal and bird watching. Unlike your typical resort or tourist destination, the visitors to Cedros and San Benitos also have the satisfaction of knowing that they are helping to protect the islands for future inhabitants and guests.
The Operators: Jose Sanchez-Pacheco is a bi-lingual marine biologist who has dedicated 30 years to working in the field of conservation. A Mexican citizen and a U.S. resident, Jose has over 30 years of experience living, traveling and working all over Baja and the Pacific islands. He is also a certified scuba diver, trained in rescue and first aid, and has logged many years in boats and pangas. As of July 2010 he earned his boat captain’s license. Jose and Baja Islands Outdoors operate the lodge and outdoor adventures in Baja. Jose’s wife, Melanie Lamaga, is a U.S. citizen and CEO of Cedros Outdoor Adventures U.S. Inc.
New in 2013! Baja Magic Lodge, private, ocean view accommodations for our clients.
What makes us better:
- We offer more certainty and guarantees for your trip than others:
- Experience of more than 8 years, trip insurance
- Logistics and allies in case of disruptionswe have done it for many years, so we know how to solve issues
- There is no hassle for our guests; our experience mitigates many of the risks
- We have more than 60% returning customers rate
- We follow safety regulations and standards in every aspect of the transportation and operation
We maximize your fishing time from the moment you land at the island, and on the full days you fish from 6 am to 6 pm
- We give incentives for you to get your trip insurance in case your trip has to be cancelled or changes out of our control
- Our crew receive all benefits, as well as pass drug tests which is part of our permanent policy because we want a healthy and risk free environment to fish in
- We have rods for use for free, or the reel and rod to rent
We have the best accommodations within hundreds of miles with big rooms with the best view of the ocean and the fishing grounds.
- We are geared toward family friendly environment and pet friendly accommodations.
- The preparation of meals is under sanitary conditions and customizable to your needs and allergies.
- Our kitchen is great and modern
- Our salsas are made from scratch and have been commented by almost every guest.
- Our salsa is affectionately named Hot Bitch Salsa
- Our pangas are big of 25 ft+ with center console well maintained motors and best for casting and fishing any style
- Unlike another company at the island we don’t support logistically or aid in any way the tuna fleet, nor any unsustainable activity aimed at depleting the fishing resources our activity depends on.
- Your trips can be fully customized in duration and transportation.
- Let us know what and when you want to fish at Cedros.
- You can also fly from the US from San Diego/Brownfield airport in a plane and trip we arrange for you
We care about the health of the island’s environment (since Jose is a marine biologist) , as well as the community we are and try to support directly or indirectly festivities and activities with donations, support, and advice to any private or government organization of the island