Cedros Packages with Private Flight
CALL TO BOOK: 619-793-5419
Cedros Outdoor Adventures can arrange private plane rentals for your convenience. Fly directly from the U.S., and get to the fish faster!
New: Our private flight packages are now priced simply. We take the cost of the plane rental (see below), and add it to our per person rates:
- $325/day (High Season, July 15-Sept 15)
- $300/day (Shoulder Season, June 1-July 14 or Sept 16-Oct 15)
- $275/day (off-season).
2018 Plane Rental Options (subject to availability)***
Flying from Brown Field Airport in Otay Mesa, CA.
- Piper Cherokee 6. We recommend a max of 3 passengers.
- Weight limit (for passenger body weight, gear): 800 lbs. going down, 1000 lbs. returning (with fish).
- Rental for this plane is $2,900 round trip (does not include day rate for fishing). Also note there is a customs surcharge of $120 per crossing, if you fly on Saturday or Sunday.
Our “Plane Rental + Day Rate” Packages Include:
- Flexible schedule. Choose your days to arrive and depart independent of our trip calendar (subject to availability).
- Fish every day of your trip. You will fish half days on arrival and departure days, and fish up to 12 hours per day on full days.
- Three per panga on 24-28 ft. panga boats.
- 2 per panga option: Surcharge is $50 additional per person, per day.
- Single panga option: Surcharge is $160 per day to fish solo (subject to availability).
- Our Seeker rods are free to use! Rent a reel from us or bring your own.
- Experienced and knowledgeable local boat drivers. They know the best spots. Fish from 6 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Comfortable accommodations
- Double occupancy standard. We also have rooms with 3 beds for groups of 3 traveling together.
- Single room surcharge: $50 per day (subject to availability).
- All meals on the island (breakfast, lunch to go on boats, and dinner).
- Bottled purified water and sodas in the hotel and on boats.
- Friendly staff to prepare your meals, clean rooms, take you fishing and make sure everything is running smoothly.
- Filleting and freezing of your catch ready to take home. We provide cooler bags for lightweight transporting of your fish back to the U.S. Fish is frozen in ziplock bags. Please transfer your fish to your cooler and return our coolers to the van driver when you arrive at your vehicles!
- Credit of $30 toward Trip Insurance.*
Our “Plane Rental + Day Rate” Packages Do NOT include:
- Mexican Fishing License: These can be purchased at some tackle stores in the US. You can also purchase them online.
- Mexican Tourist Visa: Your tourist visa is obtained when you clear customs in Mexico, and costs about $30 dollars (may vary depending on the current exchange rate).
- Beer/wine/alcoholic beverages (you may bring or purchase at the island).
- Fishing gear (except Seeker rods). Look at our Recommended Fishing Cedros gear. We also have great, new gear you can rent on the island. $10 per day for a reel or bring your own.
- Gratuities. We pay our staff and guides a good wage so tips should reflect the level of service you received. An average is around 7-8% of your total package price.
Plane Weight Limit**
Important! The weight allowances are based on individual plane capacity for safe travel. This allowance includes your gear, fish, and the total body weights of the passengers. This can be an issue if many of the passengers are large people (+200 lbs) and/or if you want to bring back large quantities of fish. Please calculate accurately and let us know if you have concerns before finalizing your booking.
Clearing Immigration: The pilot will take your passport information before your trip and pre-clear you with customs. The plane will stop in either Tijuana, San Felipe, or Ensenada Mexico (depending on weather) and you will clear Mexican immigration and purchase your tourist visa there.
This is the ultimate in convenience. Choose your dates. No border wait going home. Fish every day of your trip!
Payment, Change & Cancellation Policies
- Should you need to change dates of travel, we will allow transfer of deposit to another trip (subject to availability), up until 60 days before departure.
- Within 60 days of trip departure no refunds will be possible. You may substitute someone else in your place or change your dates up until 14 days before departure, subject to availability.
***Pricing Disclaimer: Our fishing packages with private flight are based on our per day cost for fishing and accommodations, plus plane rental and pilot cost. We do not mark up transportation costs, therefore we can not absorb changes in cost. We make every attempt to get pricing commitments from the plane owners, however, should the pilots or plane rental company increase their prices between the time of booking and the time of your trip, or if they discontinue service and we have to rent from a different company, the cost of your package may increase. If that happens you will have the option to pay the difference in flight cost or cancel your trip and get a full refund of any deposits or payments.