Our Cedros Open Charter Packages Include:
- Round trip transportation to Cedros Island*
- Transportation while on Cedros Island
- Three per panga on 26-27 ft super pangas
- 2 per panga surcharge of $50 per person, per day, subject to availability.
- If you are traveling in an even numbered group, we may have to break up your party into different boats unless you reserve two per panga or elect to have more than 3 in your boat.
- Experienced and knowledgeable local boat drivers
- They know the best spots and will be your guides from from 6:00 am until 6:00 pm.
- Our packages cover fishing on the south and lee side of Cedros Island. If you want to go all the way around Cedros, to Natividad, or San Benitos islands, there will be a fuel surcharge of $50 per boat.
- Comfortable accommodations at a private lodge (double occupancy).
- Some of our rooms have 3 full-sized beds to accommodate groups of three who prefer to stay together.
- Single room surcharge is $50 per day (subject to availability).
- To quote Pat McDonald of Western Outdoor News, “The beds are new, doubles (or queens), and good quality, with nice thread count linens. Hot water in the shower is “immediate” to conserve water. The “help” is everywhere. This isn’t roughing it… The crew carries rods and packs to the truck that takes you to the marina, and puts the gear on the boat for you with coolers of drinks, and when you return, they grab all tackle bags and rods for the ride home. Rod racks are outside the rooms and the outfits are gently washed and wiped down. First class.”
- All meals while on the island (breakfast, lunch to go on boats or at the lodge, and dinner). Meals are served family-style but are customizable. Just ask! The kitchen is always open for our clients.
- Purified water and sodas on the hotel and boats.
- Mexican Tourist Permit for US citizens (free when you stop at the border when crossing by land.)
- Friendly staff to prepare your meals, clean rooms, take you fishing and make sure everything is running smoothly.
- Filleting and freezing of your catch. Fish will be frozen in Ziplock bags while you’re on the island. We provide cooler bags for lightweight transporting of your fish back to the U.S. Vacuum sealing available for $1 per bag (2-3 lbs.).
- Free Wifi in all the rooms. (As of 2017, the wifi has gotten very slow on the whole island.)
- Credit of $30 toward travel insurance.** Travel insurance is a good way protect against loss due to travel interruptions out of the control of COA and which will NOT be reimbursed by us (for more info see below)* The cost starts at around $80 from companies such as CSA Travel Protection (800) 348-9505, http://www.csatravelpro.com; or Travel Guard www.travelguard.com, 1.800.826.1300.
- Weight allowance, Ensenada flights: For 2017 you can bring up to 50 lbs (luggage, gear and fish) free of charge on your flight. (After 50 pounds you pay the airline 25 pesos per kilo.)
- 2 Rods, Ensenada flights: The airline will not charge you for the first 2 rods. Every rod after that is 100 pesos. This is based on the plane company’s policies and subject to change. The plane company will not accept rod cases, instead we recommend you use pipe insulation.
- Seeker Rods are available for use by our guests at no cost! Bring your reels or rent one of ours for $10/day.
Our Cedros Open Charter Packages Do NOT include:
- Mexican fishing license. You can purchase fishing licenses here: http://www.
bajasursportfishing.com and here are instructions to help click here.
- Beer/wine/alcoholic beverages (you may bring or purchase at the island)
- Fishing gear (other than Seeker Rods). Look at our Recommended Fishing Cedros gear.
- Gratuities. We pay our staff and guides a good wage so tips should reflect the level of service you received. An average is around 7-8% of your total package price. Click here for an average tipping model.
- Oversized baggage fee for rods, Ensenada flights: Currently, 2 rods are free, and 100 pesos for each additional rod. Subject to change without notice. They are set by and payable to the airline company and not in our control.
- Additional weight: above 50 lbs the cost is 25 pesos per kilo (about $1.00 per pound) paid to the plane company. Subject to change without notice.
- Travel Insurance. We do not provide travel insurance but we encourage you to purchase it, and will give you a $30 discount off your final payment if you do. The cost starts at around $80 from companies such as CSA Travel Protection (800) 348-9505, http://www.csatravelpro.com; or Travel Guard www.travelguard.com, 1.800.826.1300.
- Online. See the calendar, find the date you want & pay directly online (online booking fee applies).
- Contact Us (no booking fee) with your preferred dates. We will take your credit card over the phone (all credit cards accepted). Or you can mail a check within one week to:
Cedros Outdoor Adventures
555 Saturn Blvd. Suite B #720
San Diego, CA 92154
Payment, Change & Cancellation Policies:
- Should you need to change dates of travel, we will allow transfer of deposit to another trip (subject to availability), up until 60 days before departure.
- Within 60 days of trip departure no refunds will be possible. You may substitute someone else in your place or change your dates up until 14 days before departure, subject to availability.