Thank you for reserving a trip with Cedros Outdoor Adventures!
You are booked on our Premium Guide Service Package. A non-refundable deposit of $900 is due at the time of booking and we cannot hold your seat without a deposit for longer than one week. The balance is due June 20th or in full if you booked after June 20th. You may pay one of the following ways.
Credit Card(we accept all credit cards). Call reservations at 619.793.5419 and we can take your payment over the phone at no extra charge.
Pack and weigh your gear:
Regardless of personal weight, keep the weight of your luggage at 40 lbs.
Suggested Breakdown: 10-15 lbs. or less for your clothes and personal items, 20 -25 lbs. for fishing gear. If you choose wisely this should be ample.
Here are some tips to reduce weight:
- We will provide sinkers so you don’t have to pack those.
- We have Seeker rods and reels free for you to use. If you want specifics on the gear, email Jose at email@example.com. To reserve rods or reels, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The lists of recommended Cedros gear on our website will help bring you in underweight & with everything else you need. https://cedrosoutdooradventures.com/category/fishing-gear/
- Recent fishing reports will tell you what they’re biting now.
- Please use small soft-sided bags for your clothing.
On your way back: You will get more weight on your return. The amount of weight you will get is dependent on the total weight of the passengers, the temperature, and the pilot’s recommendation. Remember, the less gear you bring down, the more fish you can take home.
Our Cedros Open Charter Fishing Packages Include:
- All transportation round trip to the island. You will meet the plane after crossing CBX.
- Transportation while on Cedros Island, back and forth from airport and port to Baja Magic Lodge. If you want to go to town, we will take you if we have a vehicle and driver available, or it is a ten-minute walk to the center of town.
- Three per panga on 27-28 ft. super pangas. Or, you can fish 2 per panga for a surcharge of $50 per person, per day, (subject to availability at the time you turn in trip forms).
- Experienced and knowledgeable local boat drivers. They know the best spots and will be your guides from 6:00 am until 3:00 pm.
- Comfortable accommodations at our private lodge, Baja Magic (double occupancy).
- Some of our rooms have 3 full-sized beds to accommodate groups of three who prefer to stay together. We now also have private cabins with 2 full-sized beds.
- Single room surcharge is $100 per day (subject to availability at the time you turn in your trip forms).
- All meals while on the island (breakfast, lunch to go on boats or at the lodge, and dinner). Meals are served family-style but are customizable. Special diets (diabetic, gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan please notify us in advance of your trip so we can plan meals for you.) The kitchen is always open for our clients.
- Purified water and sodas on the hotel and boats.
- Friendly staff to prepare your meals, clean rooms, take you fishing and make sure everything is running smoothly.
- Seeker rods are available on the island for use by our guests at no cost. Please reserve them at the time of booking.
- Filleting and freezing of your catch. Fish will be frozen in Ziploc bags while you’re on the island. We provide cooler bags for lightweight transporting of your fish back to the U.S.
- Vacuum sealing
- Free Wi-Fi in all the rooms. (as of 2017 the internet is very slow on the whole island). Free calls to the U.S.
Our Cedros Open Charter Fishing Packages Do NOT include:
- Travel Insurance: We strongly encourage you to purchase it for weather-related interruptions. Travel insurance is a good way to protect against loss due to travel interruptions out of the control of COA and which will NOT be reimbursed by us (for more info see below).
- The cost starts at around $80. Check carefully the details of the policy to see what is covered before you purchase.
- Bob Dawson (619) 990-3068, https://www.badasstravelinsurance.com
- CSA Travel Protection 800 348-9505, http://www.csatravelpro.com/
- Travel Guard 888-691-2173, http://www.travelguard.com/costcotravel/
Mexican fishing license. You will need to purchase a Mexican fishing license well in advance of your trip. There are a few ways to do this.
- Mexican Tourist Permit for U.S. citizens (1 week) should be free. Your van driver will make a stop at immigration for you to get this.
- Alcoholic beverages (you may purchase at the island).
- Fishing gear (except Seeker rods, see above). Look at our Recommended Fishing Cedros gear. Per plane company policy, rod containers are not allowed in the plane. We also have reels for rent on the island. $10 per day.
- Gratuities. The suggested tip total is about 10-15% of your total package cost. Click here for an average tipping model. Our hardworking staff and guides thank you!
- Oversized baggage fee for rods, Ensenada flights: Currently, 2 rods are free. $100 pesos for each additional rod.
- Additional weight: above 50 lbs. the cost is 25 pesos per kilo paid to the plane company at the airport.
- These fees are subject to change without notice. They are set by and payable to the airline company and not in our control.
Payment, Change, & Cancellation Policies
- A non-refundable deposit of $600 (Basic Guide)
- The balance of your trip is due 60 days before departure.
- Deposits are non-refundable, and within 60 days of departure, non-transferable.
- Other payments are transferable to a future trip, up to 60 days before departure.
- Within 60 days of travel we can NOT refund or transfer payments for any trip that is canceled, delayed, or cut short due to events out of COA’s control, including, but not limited to: work, medical, or family emergencies; weather (tropical storms are not frequent on Cedros Island, but they can occur, especially in fall); actions by the U.S. Government or Mexican Government instituting travel restrictions between or within either country, etc.
- If you booked with the Upfront Special, payments are non-refundable, however, you can transfer your payment to another date within 30 days of departure.
We strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance. Don’t risk your investment. Get insurance.
Help Cedros Students
Cedros OUTDOOR Adventures was started to provide a new source of income to help boost the local economy in this remote region. Our lodge, Baja Magic, is next door to the high school. The school is in need of basic supplies like copy paper, lined paper, pens, pencils, backpacks, glue, erasers, notebooks, tape, glue sticks, cone-shaped paper cups for dispensers, even toilet paper. If you want to donate this year, please give the supplies or money to us (and we will buy supplies) then we will take them to the island by truck/panga as the costs to ship it on the plane have become prohibitive.
We have a lot of information about Cedros Island and our trips on our website, including photos and links to videos and fishing reports, information about safety, a list of recommended gear, a sample itinerary, photos of the planes, hotel, island, and boats, and more. You can also email email@example.com or call 619.793.5419.
*Travel Disclaimer: Cedros Outdoor Adventures (COA) is not an airline, nor are we associated with any airline, nor do we sell any type of travel by air, land or sea. COA arranges transportation to Cedros Island, Mexico, as an incidental part of our fishing and eco-tour packages, solely for the convenience of our clients.