Thank you for booking a Fly-In or Boat-In package to Cedros Island with Cedros Outdoor Adventures!
Itinerary: Premium Guide Service Package
We want to make this a GREAT trip for you. Please carefully review the information below to ensure an easy & safe trip. Legal and safety regulations are in red.
Prepare for Departure
Make sure you are carrying the documents needed for travel:
Mexican fishing license you need to purchase prior to your trip. Here is a link to buy your fishing license online: How to get a Mexican Fishing License
Adults traveling with minors: Must have copies of both parents’ passports and a signed consent letter from any non-attending parent stating their permission for a minor child to travel into Mexico.
Travel Visa FMM: You can get your FMM at CBX, or you can get it online.
Link to the FMM Website: If you are crossing via CBX you are crossing “BY LAND.”
The below document will walk you through the correct answers for your FMM.
View FMM Questions.docx
Arrival at Cedros:
You will be met by our staff and taken to Baja Magic Lodge, our private oceanfront lodge
- At the lodge, you will drop off your luggage and get ready to fish. The cooks will have a lunch of quesadillas and guacamole ready for you. If you would like something different, let us know ahead of time, and we’ll have it ready.
- Fishing! As soon as you eat and get your gear ready, you can go out to fish. If the plane runs late and you can’t go out the first day, we will try to compensate for your fishing time by arranging extra hours on the regular days and/or the morning of the last day of the trip if possible. BE SURE TO CARRY YOUR FISHING LICENSE. Here is a link to instructions on how to buy your fishing license: https://cedrosoutdooradventures.com/mexican-fishing-license
- 6:30 p.m. – Dinner and relaxing.
Your Stay at Baja Magic Lodge:
- Melanie and Jose are the owners, and one of them will usually be at the lodge during the summer months. Umberto (aka Guero) is the fishing services manager. If you have any questions or concerns, please let one of us know immediately. We want your stay to be enjoyable.
- Breakfast and dinner are served family-style, and our cooks are great. If you have any dietary restrictions, please make sure to let us know in advance since much of our food is flown in. For any last-minute requests, let us know, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you. All produce is washed in drinking water and an iodine solution. The drinking water is purified by reverse osmosis. However, if you are still concerned about your stomach, many people recommend taking probiotic supplements before and during travel to foreign countries.
- For breakfast, the cooks prepare big, hot meals. Cereal and fruit are also available. Breakfast is normally at 5:30, and you leave for fishing at 6:00 am. If you would rather have your breakfast prepared at a different time or go out fishing later, just let us know.
- Lunch: we prepare lunches to go for the boats. You also have the option of coming back to the lodge if you are fishing nearby. Lunch options include burritos, sandwiches, fruit, granola bars, chips, etc. You should fill out the lunch order form each night at dinner to let us know what you want for lunch the next day.
- Dinners: The menu for each night is posted in the kitchen in the morning. If you want more details or prefer something else, let us know. Dinner is at about 6:30, after fishing, and usually includes soup, an entree, veggies or a salad, and dessert. If you would like the cooks to prepare any of your fish, just ask! Yellowtail or calico sashimi style with soy and wasabi is a popular option. We also have a barbeque grill.
- Days 2-5: You can fish up to 12 hours (6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) each full day you’re on the island. If you want to fish less than that, just ask your driver to bring you in when you’re ready. You can take a siesta and go back out again. It’s up to you and the others in your panga boat. The pangeros are local, and most do not speak English. They are very experienced and know what to do, but if you have trouble communicating, let us know, and we will help!
Tipping: Tips are shared among several groups:
- Lodge staff: the people who cook and clean and perform maintenance.
- Dock staff: the guys who clean and package fish and drive you back and forth to the dock and airport
- Pangero: the captain of your boat
- Tipping is up to you, but here is a very general tipping model https://cedrosoutdooradventures.com/tipping-model
We will give away a 50% discount on a future trip. To enter, submit pictures or short videos of the fish you caught on a COA 2018 trip, with the following details:
▪ Dates of your trip.
▪ What fish you caught.
▪ Where you caught the fish.
▪ What bait and gear you used.
Send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will post these as reports on our blog and Facebook page. At the end of this season, we will put the names of everyone who submitted a report in a hat and do a drawing. The winner will be announced the following year.
Our Phone Numbers:
- Cedros Outdoor Adventures: (619) 793.5419 (U.S.): This rings into the main office.
- Rowan’s Mexican Cell: (dialing from U.S. 011.52) 646.127.2618
- Baja Magic Lodge in Cedros (from U.S.): 011.52.616.158.5450.
Call us if you have any questions or concerns; otherwise, have a great trip!
*Travel Disclaimer: Cedros Outdoor Adventures is not an airline, nor are we associated with any airline, nor do we sell any type of travel by air, land, or sea. COA arranges transportation to Cedros Island, Mexico, as an incidental part of our fishing and eco-tour packages, solely for the convenience of our clients.